Old 20-02-2013, 07:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Someone Noticed...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I'm a label reader. When I was at the grocery store yesterday I wanted to
buy some Cheerios-like toasted oat cereal. I was standing there reading
the ingredients labels. I had a box of Publix brand 'Toasted Oats' in one
hand and a box of 'Cheerios' in the other.

A woman had just reached for a box of Cheerios when she noticed me
comparing ingredients. She asked is there much difference? Nope, they're
the same. Except the Publix box of toasted oats contains 14 oz. and the
Cheerios, 11 oz. And the box of Cheerios costs $2 more.

I've been buying the store brand "cheerios" for years. They taste exactly
the same to me. But I *do* check to see if they've changed ingredients
from time to time. I don't eat a *lot* of dry cereal (what might go stale
gets tossed out for the birds) but I like to have some on hand.

One kind that will be different is the type that is like Cinnamon Toast
Crunch. There is no milk in the real stuff but it is in the other brands.