Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Someone Noticed...

I'm a label reader. When I was at the grocery store yesterday I wanted
to buy some Cheerios-like toasted oat cereal. I was standing there
reading the ingredients labels. I had a box of Publix brand 'Toasted
Oats' in one hand and a box of 'Cheerios' in the other.

A woman had just reached for a box of Cheerios when she noticed me
comparing ingredients. She asked is there much difference? Nope,
they're the same. Except the Publix box of toasted oats contains 14 oz.
and the Cheerios, 11 oz. And the box of Cheerios costs $2 more.

I've been buying the store brand "cheerios" for years. They taste
exactly the same to me. But I *do* check to see if they've changed
ingredients from time to time. I don't eat a *lot* of dry cereal (what
might go stale gets tossed out for the birds) but I like to have some on
hand.

Jill