Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Soup with chicken - not a chicken soup :-)

Sounds yummy, Bjørn.

"BjørnSteensrud" wrote in message

Chop one shallot,
chop one clove of garlic (I'll use more next time)
remove seeds and dividers from one red chili and chop it
Cut half a leek in strips

Sautee shallot lightly in butter,
add garlic, leek, one sprig of fresh basil and one of fresh coriander
(the
green stuff that has another name in English, you know what I mean),
chopped chili and half a lemongrass stalk.

To the sauce pan add 2 tsp soy sauce, 300 ml white wine, bring to a boil
and add 500 ml cream of coconut (canned coconut milk, here).
Simmer for 5 minutes.

Cut one largish chicken filet in narrow strips and fry in butter.

Strain soup, put the liquid back in a pot and whisk in 1 or 2 tbsp
butter
over low heat. Add lightly browned chicken strips, serve hot and enjoy!

Of course, add other spices as you like them - I'd like to try garam
masala
once.

I was skeptical to the chili at first, but the bits were strained out,
and
it seemed to me that the chili heat was absorbed into the chicken
pieces.

I wondered about carbs in the coconut milk - but it has only 1.5% by
weight,
no problem.

Oh, for non-diabetics, a mango lassi is the perfect end to the meal :-)