Dave Smith

Default Tricks & Tips

anna maria wrote:

> that i learned long time ago: no white tiles or black/blue tiles in
> kitchens and bathrooms. i had white tile in the floor once and you could
> see and hair from a distance.

We had a patterned brown and yellow tile floor in our kitchen until a few years
ago when my wife talked me into ceramic tiles. We had selected a light brown but
it turned out that our chosen tile was no longer available I went with a bone
colour. What a mistake. We discovered that our dog left muddy footprints. We had
never noticed before. Nor we were aware how much hair he shed. Every one of them
was now clearly visible. Every speck of dirt stands out on that tile

The big argument for the ceramic tile was ease of care. She was convinced that all
we would have to do was to vacuum or seep it and then wipe with with a mop using
water and vinegar. That is true, but now we have to do it several times a day
instead of a couple times a week.