Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Black Cat Popcorn?

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:18:07 -0500, George M. Middius
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> > ...buy ordinary inexpensive generic popping corn and put it
>> > into a tightly sealed glass jar with a tsp of water and store in your
>> > fridge... properly hydrated popping corn tastes better and
>> > pops/explodes larger amd fluffier.

>> That's weird, Sheldon. I've NEVER heard of doing that. Anyone else here
>> agree? :-O

>Unlike most of the crapola Shelley posts, this one can't be dismissed out of
>hand. Let us know if it works, or if it's just another crock o' crap.

I learned that trick some thirty years ago from the Frug, it works.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5183307_do...-not-pop_.html
http://www.canadianpoppingcorn.com/cornoldmaids.html

I never waste money on gourmet popping corn, I buy the least expensive
I can find in plastic bags and immediately place it in glass jars with
a couple tsps of water, screw the lid down and put it in my freezer...
the colder the kernals the better it pops. Instead of plain water
citrus peel will hydrate popping corn nicely.