Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default My dressing recipe for your review

On 02/13/2013 01:31 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 02/12/2013 01:57 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Why in the world are you relying on what a GP says about diet? They
>>> aren't
>>> trained in nutrition unless they specifically made the decision to take
>>> such
>>> a class. And anyway... It shouldn't matter what they say. What should
>>> matter is that you are getting proper nutrition and also what your meter
>>> says.

>> Hi Julie,
>>
>> My GP is a force of nature. It took me three months of asking around
>> before I landed on him. He is like a college lectue as he quotes a
>> study(ies) for everything he recommends. And, yes, I do double check him.
>> Plus, the meter as you stated.
>>
>> -T

> I don't know what a college lectue is.

A "college lecture" sounds like you are in a college class
and are being bombarded by tons of extremely thought out
scientific research. The guy is a force of nature. Good
sport about a ton of questions too.

> But I'd like to know what study he
> quoted to tell you *not* to subtract fiber from your carb count. Because if
> you live in the US, you have to do that.

I will ask him.

Going to ask him to show me how to take my pulse in my foot too.

I go into to see him in a month with my first a1c. Going to give him a
bad time about the legitimacy of the a1c -- seems
my T2 blood cells don't last a long as T0's [1], which throws the a1c
reading into chaos. Chuckle, Chuckle. As I said, he is a good sport.
Hopefully he knows the proper "fudge" factors to throw into
the a1c that compensate for the lower lifespan of T2's. As I
said, he is a good sport.

Thinking of asking him to throw a "Fructosamine" test as it does not
depend on blood cell life and is not affected by anemia [2].

-T

1) http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/4/931.full

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructosamine