Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Jerusalem Artichoke Flour

I did ask this on the regular food NG but got no meaningful responses.
Anyone have experience with this? We had some good coupons at QFC and one
was for our choice of a "natural" item. Angela chose two packages of "whole
wheat" pasta but when I got it home, I realized that it also had this flour
in it.

Many years ago, we ate some Jerusalem Artichokes raw. I think Angela and my
husband only had one bite each. Not enough to give them a problem. Me? I
ate quite a few because I liked them. Until the gas began. And never again
To me they are worse than sugar alcohols. But someone told me they are less
of a problem when cooked.

Has anyone tried this flour? I'm a little leery of this pasta although it
is lower in carbs than regular whole wheat stuff.