Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default My dressing recipe for your review

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi Wendy,
>
> My GP said that balancing carbs against fiber is an
> Akins thing. He said I don't get too. Have you measured
> your BG after a carb/fiber combo?
>
> -T

Why in the world are you relying on what a GP says about diet? They aren't
trained in nutrition unless they specifically made the decision to take such
a class. And anyway... It shouldn't matter what they say. What should
matter is that you are getting proper nutrition and also what your meter
says.

Fiber can lower blood sugar or at least shouldn't affect it. There is the
school of thought that adding fiber to your diet could help lower BG. I
don't need to add any because my normal diet is very high in it. Granted if
my stomach is acting up, there is not much fiber. But on most days, there
is plenty.