Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default My dressing recipe for your review

pavane > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Todd > wrote:
: > : On 02/11/2013 09:24 AM, pavane wrote:
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > : > ...
: > : >> On 02/10/2013 08:30 PM, pavane wrote:
: > : >>>
: > : >>>
: > : >>> "Todd" > wrote in message
: > : >>> ...
: > : >>>
: > : >>>> ...................
: > : >>>> I love Greek yogart. The full fat stuff is too many carbs. The
: > : >>>> 0% fat, well, has no fat. Since I am now a hunter/gather and no
: > : >>>> longer ingest much carb, I get cold, tired, and dump slight amounts
: > : >>>> ketones -- meaning am dieting by accident. So I add butter to
: > : >>>> the 0% fat stuff.
: > : >>>> ...................
: > : >>>
: > : >>> If you are talking of Fage, the whole milk yogurt has 8g
: > : >>> carbohydrates; the 2% also has 8g, and the non-fat has
: > : >>> 7g. Not a difference worth mention, is it?
: > : >>> <http://www.fageusa.com/nutrition/nutrition-benefits/>
: > : >>>
: > : >>> pavane
: > : >>
: > : >> Hi Pavane,
: > : >>
: > : >> I was looking at TJ's labels.
: > : >>
: > : >> Are you speaking of
: > : >>
: > : >> http://www.fageusa.com/products/fage-total-classic/
: > : >>
: > : >> Which is 9 grams per 5.3 oz or .6625 of a cup.
: > : >> Or 13.6 grams per cup.
: > : >
: > : > Their website that you referenced:
: > : >
: > : > Serving Size: 1 Container 7oz (200g)
: > : > Servings per Container 1 Calories 190
: > : > Calories from fat 90
: > : > Total fat 10g
: > : > % DV Total fat 15%
: > : > Saturated fat 7g
: > : > % DV Saturated fat 35%
: > : > Trans fat 0g
: > : > Cholesterol 25mg
: > : > % DV Cholesterol 8%
: > : > Sodium 70mg
: > : > % DV Sodium 3%
: > : > Total carbohydrates 8g
: > : > ........
: > : > Sure looks like 8g per 7oz(200g) container.
: > : > To what do you refer?
: > : >
: > : > pavane
: >
: > : Interesting. The first time I went to it this morning, I
: > : got the one with honey in it. Last night I got 5.3 oz
: > : per container. This time I get 7 oz and 8 carbs like
: > : you did. I wonder if they are having problems with their
: > : site? Forget everything I said.
: > How many grams of those carbs are fiber? Many of us find that using high
: > fiber foods(that the US counts as carbs as a catch all but British folk
: > don't but list them separately) acrtually reduces the effective nomer of
: > carb grams in the food, so if something had 5 grams of carb listed in the
: > US and uder that lists 4 grams carb, you are for most purposes gettign
: > only about 2 grams of carbsin the portion. I count only the effective ,
: > or starchy or sugary, non-fiber carbs in my diet and it works well fot me.
: > Many food value listing books do give these number so yocan figure how
: > many "turn into sugar" carbs a food actually has.
: >
: > Wendy

: Dietary fiber = 0.

: pavane
: >

I was talking about the brussells sprouts which do contain considerable
fiber, not the yogurt:-) Somehow my message got into the wrong place in
the queue I was responding to all the discussion on how big were the cups
of sprouts, etc. Of course, the yogurt is ifberless. Not a plant:-)

Wendy