Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default My dressing recipe for your review

Todd > wrote:
: On 02/11/2013 09:24 AM, pavane wrote:
: >
: >
: > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> On 02/10/2013 08:30 PM, pavane wrote:
: >>>
: >>>
: >>> "Todd" > wrote in message
: >>> ...
: >>>
: >>>> ...................
: >>>> I love Greek yogart. The full fat stuff is too many carbs. The
: >>>> 0% fat, well, has no fat. Since I am now a hunter/gather and no
: >>>> longer ingest much carb, I get cold, tired, and dump slight amounts
: >>>> ketones -- meaning am dieting by accident. So I add butter to
: >>>> the 0% fat stuff.
: >>>> ...................
: >>>
: >>> If you are talking of Fage, the whole milk yogurt has 8g
: >>> carbohydrates; the 2% also has 8g, and the non-fat has
: >>> 7g. Not a difference worth mention, is it?
: >>> <http://www.fageusa.com/nutrition/nutrition-benefits/>
: >>>
: >>> pavane
: >>
: >> Hi Pavane,
: >>
: >> I was looking at TJ's labels.
: >>
: >> Are you speaking of
: >>
: >> http://www.fageusa.com/products/fage-total-classic/
: >>
: >> Which is 9 grams per 5.3 oz or .6625 of a cup.
: >> Or 13.6 grams per cup.
: >
: > Their website that you referenced:
: >
: > Serving Size: 1 Container 7oz (200g)
: > Servings per Container 1 Calories 190
: > Calories from fat 90
: > Total fat 10g
: > % DV Total fat 15%
: > Saturated fat 7g
: > % DV Saturated fat 35%
: > Trans fat 0g
: > Cholesterol 25mg
: > % DV Cholesterol 8%
: > Sodium 70mg
: > % DV Sodium 3%
: > Total carbohydrates 8g
: > ........
: > Sure looks like 8g per 7oz(200g) container.
: > To what do you refer?
: >
: > pavane

: Interesting. The first time I went to it this morning, I
: got the one with honey in it. Last night I got 5.3 oz
: per container. This time I get 7 oz and 8 carbs like
: you did. I wonder if they are having problems with their
: site? Forget everything I said.
How many grams of those carbs are fiber? Many of us find that using high
fiber foods(that the US counts as carbs as a catch all but British folk
don't but list them separately) acrtually reduces the effective nomer of
carb grams in the food, so if something had 5 grams of carb listed in the
US and uder that lists 4 grams carb, you are for most purposes gettign
only about 2 grams of carbsin the portion. I count only the effective ,
or starchy or sugary, non-fiber carbs in my diet and it works well fot me.
Many food value listing books do give these number so yocan figure how
many "turn into sugar" carbs a food actually has.

Wendy