Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default OT (sort of): Low GI carrots for the garden?

Hi All,

Okay, okay, not to spoil the movie for you, but you
have to know the dinosaur dies in the end and... What?
Oh, wrong group. So no movie spoiler for you guys.
Sorry.

This question may be somewhat off topic, but perhaps not.
I am going through the planning stages for this
year's garden.

Is there a such think as a low Glycemic index (GI) carrot?
Heirloom variety perhaps?

And, if you guys have gardens, what low GI stuff do you
grow?

Last years failed attempt was tomatoes, zucchini,
lemon cucumbers, purslane. Everything went to seed
with the hot weather and I under watered my tomatoes.
My zukes got white mold.

Speaking of Purslane, purslane a great low GI super
food. (Depending on who you listen to, the most nutritious
edible plant on the face of the earth.) Tastes a little
like watercress. Grows like a weed too, meaning it is hard
for me to ruin.

-T

The guy gets the girl. Perhaps. (I will reform, eventually.)