Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Surcharge (auto-tip) Yay? Nay?

On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:05:36 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Every server I've ever asked would rather work for just tips and no
>
> wage than for a salary not much more than minimum wage.

Totally agree. Back around 1980, girl in next apt was pulling in a thou a week just tending bar. (She WAS young and beautiful which I'm sure helped.) Another friend, college degree etc., was waiting tables just during a lunch hour to supplement her other evening bartending job. She'd worked in a law office and wouldn't go back to that environment ever, said she.