Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Surcharge (auto-tip) Yay? Nay?

On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:38:05 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:50:59 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

>> >How are they supposed afford the cost of moving to a new local and
>> >renting an apartment in the high cost area with no savings due to
>> >chronic under-employment or unemployment?

>> It must be really, really bad over there

>That's the reality. Those who have the ability to move to an area
>where their skills are in demand, do it. With new construction being
>in the dumps for so long, construction workers have been pretty much
>SOL. I'm seeing a lot of new commercial construction lately, but the
>housing industry hasn't rebounded yet.

According to the news I read, it is rebounding, so is construction. In
my state, days on market are pretty much back to "normal." That is
to say, it is not a seller's market, it is equal between buyers and
sellers. Perhaps not in your neighborhood.
Janet US