Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Surcharge (auto-tip) Yay? Nay?

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:50:59 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 14:46:35 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 09:26:46 +1100, Jeßus > wrote:
> >
> >> You're right about relocating though,
> >> more people should move to where the work is (if they need to find
> >> work).

> >How are they supposed afford the cost of moving to a new local and
> >renting an apartment in the high cost area with no savings due to
> >chronic under-employment or unemployment?

> It must be really, really bad over there

That's the reality. Those who have the ability to move to an area
where their skills are in demand, do it. With new construction being
in the dumps for so long, construction workers have been pretty much
SOL. I'm seeing a lot of new commercial construction lately, but the
housing industry hasn't rebounded yet.