Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Let's talk pickles!

On 02/02/2013 06:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> He may rather be dead than be without his carbs. It breaks
>> my heart to see him walking around on his mechanical legs.
>> Especially knowing it was self inflicted and was under
>> his control not to have this happen to him.
>>
>> -T

> Obviously, it wasn't under his control or he would have done whatever it
> takes. Some people fall into the category of addicted when it comes to
> carbs.
>
> Cheri

Hi Cheri,

He told me he just wouldn't put up with the restrictions. He
said he moved to insulin so he could eat whatever he wants. The
addiction thing makes sense. It also may be one of those "different
strokes for different folks" things. Freedom is an awesome thing.

And, since I love my feet right where they are, I do have to
remember not to judge unless one walks first in someone else's
shoes, or in this case, someone else's prosthetics.

I am also very blessed by a wife that got so angry that
the food I was eating did this to me, that she insists that
we both are on the same diet. I have the greatest family
support anyone could ask for. She is a delicate, sweet,
famine thing that turns into a fierce mama bear when one
of her loved ones is in danger. I am very blessed.

-T

It has been said about the western diet that we are consuming
vast quantities of food like substances and starving at the
same time because of it.