Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Vegetarians Cut Heart Disease Risk By 32 Percent (compared towhat?)

Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Vegetarians Cut Heart Risk By 32%

Statistics like this tend to be misleading because they compare
vegetarian diets against a wide range of diets that include meat, many
of which are patently unhealthy. I'd rather see a study comparing
vegetarian diets against well balanced diets that include some meat but
exclude fast food and highly processed foods, diets with healthy levels
of fats, sugar and salt. That would tell a different story.

Having said that, I'd rather have a slightly higher risk of heart
disease and enjoy my life.