Siobhan Perricone

Default net carbs?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:24:18 -0400, "Rob and Jami" >
wrote:

>I keep hearing about net carbs.. it will say 9g net carbs on a box.. but on
>the nutritional info it says 18g... what is this??? I have gestational
>diabetes, not too familiar with all this. TIA.

The idea is that most of the carbs from fiber are not digestible, so for
many people they don't increase their blood glucose level. If you subtract
the fiber carbs from the total carbs, that's the net carbs.

On packages from Europe the fiber is listed completely separately from the
carbohydrates, so you don't have to do the math.

--
Siobhan Perricone
Humans wrote the bible,