Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Changing times

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:06:03 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> Most people did not
> have the labour saving devices that we have now. They did not have
> freezers except for the small area at the op of the fridge which had
> room for a couple ice cup trays and a pint or two if ice cream.

My mother had a gigantic chest freezer and a commercial refrigerator
with two glass doors.

> People had to go out shopping more often.

They did major grocery shopping every Saturday.

> Most people did not have automatic
> dish washing machines so dishes had to be washed by had after each meal.

My parents had two automatic dishwashers: my sister and me.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila