Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default Cauliflower mashed potatoes

making it in the pressure cooker makes a difference...I boil my cauli with
the potato then drain very well as it needs to be drier to get the right
texture...

I would think a good pressure cooker method to get a good mashed potato
taste would be:

in the pot with the lid off..fry a few slivers garlic in olive oil till
brown and remove the garlic so you have flavored oil..then add a generous
pat of butter and brown one chopped small size head cauliflower and one
large pealed and diced potato ..
then the secret trick would be add your teaspoon onion powder and salt and
pepper and 1/4 cup heavy cream..put on lid and cook the 6 minutes..remove
lid and mash and season to taste.

least it seems to me that would work.

cooking the cauli with the cream gets rid of that sulphuric cauliflower
taste and thickens the liquid pre mash

worth a shot...

KROM

"Todd" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

I have noticed others saying that their Cauliflower
mashed potatoes tasted like the real thing. (Six
minutes on the second ring in my pressure cooker.)

Mine taste like Cauliflower. Not bad tasting, but
I would like to get closer to real mashed Potatoes.

I use a half a block of cream cheese and three
tablespoons of butter, some onion powder, and
salt and pepper.

Tried Garlic, but neither the Arm Candy or I
like its with Garlic.

What do you guys do?

Many thanks,
-T