Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Changing times

On 1/29/2013 1:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 29/01/2013 12:50 PM, Dimitri wrote:
>> Do you think times have changed?
>>
>> http://i.imgur.com/rjOEvhz.png?1
>>
>> (running for cover)
>>
>> Dimitri

> Perhaps, but I will show it to my wife with a "hint hint hint" ;-)
>
> There is a good chance that article is fraud. I mean... don't complain
> if he stays out all night ????? Seriously? Not even in the 1950s.

Oh, I doubt that, Dave. They used to publish books akin to guidelines
on how to be a good wife. Way before this little thing was published.
And it was always about what the wife should do to *keep* her man.

Many years later there was a book espousing the same concept. Do any of
you recall a booked titled 'The Complete Woman'? By Maribel Morgan...
1970's, IIRC. Here's a quote from her book:

"She needed to accept him and to *change herself* to make him and
herself happy. Morgan once wrote, "It's only when a woman *surrenders*
her life to her husband, reveres and worships him and is willing to
serve him, that she becomes really beautiful to him. She becomes a
priceless jewel, the glory of femininity, his queen!"

What a load of horsecrap. Might as well chain her up in the basement and
only let her out to do the cooking.

Jill