Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Leg of Lamb

Hi All,

Okay, Raley's had a boneless New Zealand leg of
lamb on sale and I could not resist.

I have always loved lamb, but I have a problem.
I have always loved "everyone else's" lamb and hated
my own.

My available cooking pots are my pressure cooker
and my saute pan (doubles as a frying pan). I do not
think the lid would close in my saute pan on this
piece of meat. I have no access to an oven or a
barbecue.

Do I cook Leg of Lamb like (beef) sirloin roast
(33 minutes on second ring) or like an old buzzard
roast (rump roast, old shoes), meaning Falls Apart
(99 minutes on the second ring)? My Sirloin roasts
do come out well in the pressure cooker.

What seasonings would you use? (I am really fond
of Greek food, if that helps.)

I really do not want to ruin $17 dollars in lamb.
How would you guys cook and season this?

And, the love of my life really does not like the
"gamy" taste of lamb. I want to convert her. (I hate
the gamy taste of venison myself, so I can not blame
her.)

Many thanks,
-T