Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Bjørn Steensrud Bjørn Steensrud is offline

Default Fresh cod!

Here, it's the season for Skrei[0] - fresh cod, coming from the Arctic Ocean
to the coast of North Norway to spawn. They arrive in large numbers, thanks
to conservation efforts that have built up the stocks again. Fresh fish is
airlifted to us poor southerners, and I think also elsewhere in the world -
le Skrei was introduced in France a year or so ago. And it is NOT farmed :-)

Anyway - a very nice way to prepare it using fillets - about 800 g:

Start by making a fauxtato mash, keep it warm.
Grate zest of 1 lemon.

Take out seeds from half a pomegranate, chop 2 stalks of leaf parsley.

Dissolve 5 tbsp salt in 1 liter water, soak fillets for 15 minutes,
drain and wipe on kitchen paper.

Slice 100 g of chorizo sausage (I don't like spicy food so I used bratwurst
instead).

Fry in oil a skillet with skin side down, medium heat. 3-4 minutes,
transfer to a greased pan, skin side up, 3-4 minutes more in a 200 C oven.
(Translation to primitive measures left to the reader.)

Keep the fat in the skillet, fry the chorizo slices. Mix chorizo with
parsley, pomegranate seeds and lemon zest

Put a fauxtato "bed" on each plate, top with chorizo mix, and put a fish
fillet on top.

Cod is a fish that goes well with red wine ...

(This was served at the celebration of my daughter-in-law's PhD and we found
the recipe later.)

[0] "Skrei" is derived from an old verb, skriða - to travel. The Skrei
travels from the Arctic to the Lofoten islands and points north, the
fisheries last for a month or so,