Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Lamb shanks

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:41:33 +1100, "Farm1" >
wrote:

> Ah! and you can't find any convenient Armenian to ask? ;-))

I did find a helpful Armenian home cooking web site, but alas - it was
no help with my elusive lamb. However, a topic over in the UK group
drifted over to lamb osso bucco a few weeks ago and that's when I had
the epiphany about red wine. I just haven't had the time to try it
yet - partially due to having a lot of holiday leftovers to consume
and mainly because I had so many other things I wanted to cook after
the holidays that were already in line ahead of it.

I'm not sure why people are getting their panties in a knot because
osso bucco is being made with other meats now. Here is the
introduction to one version of lamb osso bucco served on a bed of
creamy polenta: Ossobuco is Italian for "bone hole" and the dish is
originally made with braised veal shanks. This version is made with
lamb shanks.

I don't make saltimbocca with veal either. I use chicken.