Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Lamb shanks

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:56:04 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/20/2013 11:32 AM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 22:38:41 +1100, "Farm1" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried a new recipe for lamb shanks the other day and it was worth
>>> repeating.

>> snip
>> I'm so glad you mentioned lamb parts. You caused me to clean out the
>> freezer on top of the fridge to find the package of lamb neck bones I
>> had in there somewhere. You know how the fridge/freezer can get out of
>> control during the holiday season. I'd forgotten that I had them. I
>> use them to make a sort of stew that is just for me.
>> Janet US
>>

>I don't have the freezer out of hand thing. But all this soup and stew
>and lamb shanks talk makes me want to look for oxtails. I love oxtail
>soup
>
>Jill

me too. I'd love to know what they cost where you are. The last
decent ones I was able to get was a restaurant pack that I got at Cash
and Carry. Really nice meaty ones. Pretty expensive here.
Janet US