Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] Melanie_Sands@hotmail.com is offline

Default 13 Banned Foods Still Allowed in the U.S.

On Thursday, 17 January 2013 14:54:13 UTC+1, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 1/17/2013 2:33 AM, notbob wrote:
>

> > I went thru that phase. White cheddar!? Being a CA son, never seen

> > anything but yellow cheddar. I swore white tasted different, not as

> > good. Now, I know better. Gimme the cheddar that tastes best, color

> > be damned. I've heard they tried uncolored (wht) margerine, too, and it

> > was a dismal sales failure.

> Strange, I feel like white cheddar tastes best even though it's
>
> likely not true.
>

> nancy

What are you all talking about? - WHITE cheese or YELLOW cheese...

There are hundreds, even thousands of cheeses out there of all
kinds of colours! At the local Saturday outdoors market here
in Luzern, Switzerland, there's a stand which sells (really
expensive) red cheese (coloured with tomato purée), bright
green cheese (coloured with basil) for example.

Wikipedia has a list of cheeses as per country of origin,
it's in German, hope the Google translation link works:

http://translate.google.ch/translate...=0CD4Q7 gEwAA

No, but, seriously - "white" cheese or "yellow" cheese?
Are you'all joking?!!

Melanie