Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default quick/dirty beef stew

I'm getting good at that RR/SL 1/2 hr cooking stuff, only with real
food.

I had a 1.5 lb chuck stk, so cut into stew pieces. Put about 1.5 oz
of peanut oil in bottom of my 5 qt PC to got hot. Tossed beef bits in
Worchestershire sauce, then floured. Browned the floured beef in the
PC and opened a can of Swanson's beef stock we had lying around. When
beef in broth came to boil, slammed on the lid and went to 15 lbs fer
15-20 mins. I prepped the veggies during this P-cook.

Opened PC, added 4-5 qtrd spuds, 5 fat sectioned carrots, 3 stlks
celery, 3 halved onions 4 cloves garlic. Added one heaping tsp of
Bettr'n Bullion and couple more dashes of W sauce. Returned to 15 lbs
P-cook for 10 mins. Fast cool, added flour/water slurry, boiled fer 2
mins. S&P to taste. Stew to die for! 40 mins! Gawd, I'm good.

nb