Jack Curry

Default Types of wood for smoking

snipped stuff-

> Graeme (grapefruit & orange sound particularly good)
>
> In *my* experience, all citrus wood smoke tastes the same. It's great,

but
> relatively mild flavored. Think fish, maybe chicken if you haven't spiced

it up
> too much. Very subtle, but distinctive, and good.
>
> BOB
> but *I* wouldn't pay for it (living in the citrus-belt of Florida)

What BOB said. I have lime wood, orange and grapefruit and can't tell 'em
apart. BOB's right, they're mild smoke and very pleasant. I prefer bay (or
alder) for fish and I like oak the best for most everything else, though if
I can ever get my hands on some pecan...I did a cook with pecan shells once
and they smelled divine.

Jack Curry
-we got wood in Fladera <grin>-