Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default 13 Banned Foods Still Allowed in the U.S.

On 1/17/2013 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
>> However, the bleaching process lowers the
>> >protein content and hence the gluten, making a softer flour that's
>> >better for baking tender products such as cookies, biscuits, and some
>> >cakes.

> I didn't know, thanks. Not a huge baker and when I do bake, I'm not
> into all that Southern "tenderness" stuff. I like my biscuits "rugged
> and rustic", not tall and tender

(snip)

LOL that's funny! Tall and tender. Would you prefer them short and
tough like hockey pucks?

I lost the knack for baking good biscuits years ago. That's why I buy
them frozen, cut but not yet cooked, in a bag by the dozen. I like
nicely risen biscuits to serve with bacon and eggs. Or as a base for
biscuits & sausage gravy or creamed chipped beef.

Jill