Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default 13 Banned Foods Still Allowed in the U.S.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 06:30:48 -0800, sf > wrote:

>http://www.shape.com/blogs/shape-you...ill-allowed-us
>
>After all these years, I still haven't figured out why people buy
>bleached flour when it bleaches all by itself over time.

"Why the U.S. Allows It: We eat with our eyes. “Recent studies have
shown that when food manufacturers left foods in their natural, often
beige-like color instead of coloring them with these chemical agents,
individuals thought they tasted bland and ate less, even when the
recipe wasn't altered,”

I find this baffling... are people really this stupid?

Sort of on the same topic - and not an ingredient - but how are
cannulated cows considered an acceptable practice?