Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Whatcha eatin' these days?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I am out of everything just about and only able to shop today. I just had a
>piece of toast with peanut butter - thinly spread as that's all there was.
>Washed down with a chilled can of Pepsi Max. No tea 3 breakfasts without
>tea this week! Last night was steak, chips and a huge salad because I had
>enough of everything for the evening meals. Now that Christmas, New Year
>and 3 birthdays are over we might just be able to settle down to 3 squares
>a day again
>
> Salad veggies have dropped to an affordable level again so we go through a
> whole head of lettuce per day between lunch and dinner and 4-5 tomatoes.

I hate it when things run that low. We have bad snow here now and there is
the possibility that we'll get snowed in, but not likely. Have enough
beans, rice and pasta to last through the winter, into the spring and maybe
beyond. So we would never starve but it's nice to have some fresh food. I
stocked Angela up on applesauce and sunseed butter. And of course every
time I do this is when she quits eating whatever that is. I would say that
it's some sort of game or something but my friend said it is the same at her
house. They'll eat something so much that she can never keep enough in the
house. Then she'll buy a ton and they'll stop eating it.