Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Bjørn Steensrud Bjørn Steensrud is offline

Default New Year's food?

Cheri wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> Are you making anything special? I plan to open a can of black eyed peas
>> and to eat some at some point today but other than that, same old here.
>> did make a pot of bean with bacon soup but it's just bleh. And I am
>> annoyed at Angela because we bought two very expensive pieces of rosemary
>> grilled chicken that were supposed to be her dinner for the 31st and the
>> 1st and for some inexplicable reason she put them in my mom's fridge and
>> left them there. So my mom will be eating them. Maybe. I just hope she
>> does actually eat them. I had told Angela to put them in the insulated
>> bag in the back of the van. So how she got, "Put them in grandma's
>> fridge" out of that is beyond me. Gah!
>>

> I'm having leftovers from yesterday. Turkey, cauliflower au gratin, and
> green beans almondine. I will also have a cup or so of the blackeyed peas
> I made for today, but I'll skip the cornbread. Happy New Year to you and
> yours Julie.
>
> Cheri

Frozen cod fillets - for various reasons fresh cod is nearly unavailable.

Heat oven to 200 C (400 F) and grease a pan large enough to contain the
fillets.

Heat oil in a skillet, lower heat as you add vegetables:
Saute for a couple of minutes chopped onion (medium size, or half a large
one) and 1-2 cloves garlic, add a diced celery stalk, a diced carrot, sliced
mushrooms, a tbsp of capers and a handful of pine nuts. Mix well.

Place fillets (still frozen) in pan, add salt and pepper, put mixture on
top, bake for 20 minutes.

We had some sushi ginger on the side to add flavor.