Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Standing Rib Roast on a Kamado

Nanzi wrote:
> I know there are several folks here familiar with Kamado, or BGE. We
> have a rib roast and want to do it on our #5 K. We've done them
> inside, and did them perfectly, but how do we do it on the Kamado?
> Some say start with blazing hot, then turn down, some say bring it up
> to blazing hot at the end.
>
> Hit me with your best shot, please. I really miss the Kamado site for
> recipes.
> TIA.
>
> Nan in De

Nan, I basically do the roast in the K the same as I do in the oven, save
for doing an hour of very low temp smoking. Then it's about 25 minutes at
around 450 to 500, then the rest of the cook at around 330 until done to
temperature.

--
A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for
dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb