Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Safety of After Sell-by date Foods

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Colt T" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I freeze whole wheat bread and butter.

: I sometimes freeze leftover bread for stuffing. But I won't eat it as is.
: For me the texture changes too much.

I almost always freeze the low carb bread as itis not alwasy in the stores
so i like to have some in reserve. It also keeps well inthe fridge, which
surprised me as it is saidin advice columns that you shouldn't refrigerate
bread because it doesn't help. I don't find this advice to be true for
the low carb breads, at least.

I also keep canned goods way beyond the pull dates and have not found any
problems or real change in texture.

Wendy