Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Meat Loaf

Cheryl wrote:

>I noted Bob T's recipe with the cooked
> veggies, but I've never done it that way.
> I might try it sometime. I've posted
> before that I like to add fresh raw
> chopped spinach in mine, too. Shredded
> carrots, too, along with the onions and
> whatever else you like. I like to use
> meatloaf for the opportunity to use more
> veggies in a meal than I usually do.
> Might as well make it healthful!

I guess I don't see any sense in overloading a meatloaf with a bunch of
different veggies, since I always have some type of veggies (usually
steamed baby carrots) and baked potatoes. The only veggies I have used
in one is onions, green pepper and sometimes tomatoes, which is actually
a fruit, though I always have considered it more of a vegetable. I have
also used a little grated carrot, but not often. That is why they call
it a MEATloaf instead of a veggie loaf, IMO.

Judy