Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Meat Loaf

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 21:52:15 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 19:16:38 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:

>>> You have me 'almost' right ... no chili <g>
>>> --

>> Traditional American style chili sauce doesn't contain a single (hot)
>> chili! GIYF. It is tomatoes, onions, (bell) peppers, vinegar, sugar
>> and various seasonings simmered together and reduced until thick.

>But, but, but chilis are peppers ... they may not seem hot to you!
>--

Sf is saying it contains sweet capsicum. In the US, we call all the
capsicum "peppers." We recognize hot or sweet (meaning not hot).
There are several styles of "not hot." You may be more familiar with
the Italian peppers, often used for frying, grilling, cooking and
eaten fresh. They actually do have a somewhat sweet taste.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capsicum

Janet US