Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Meat Loaf

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 23:28:55 -0800, Bob Terwilliger
> wrote:

> Bryan replied to Jill:
>
> >> I have made it with a little bottled seafood cocktail sauce mixed in.
> >>

> > "Bottled seafood cocktail sauce mixed in" falls into the "horrors" category.

> I think that must depend on the cocktail sauce. The prominent flavors of
> cocktail sauce are horseradish, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon;
> which of those do you think doesn't belong with meatloaf?

I think cocktail sauce would be fine, but I prefer to use chili sauce
because I always have that on hand - cocktail sauce would be a
"special occasion buy" for me. I learned last time around that I also
like a well flavored (commercial) Marinara sauce.