Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default What do you think I can price these home build wood wine racksat?

mike wrote:

> The link is a few years old, but has some interesting demographic
> numbers for consumption. Jug wine is VERY popular ;-)

Very interesting read in this 2008 paper.
Thank you for finding that as I had not seen it prior.

They described 9 types of consumer by price points (for wine):
- Jug Wine
- Extreme Value
- Fighting Varietals <== most popular by far
..
- Popular Premium <== second most popular
- Mid Premium <== second most popular
- Ultra Premium <== third most popular
..
- Luxury <== third most popular
- Super Luxury
- Icon

Out of those 9, they lumped together three "super segments" (for wine):
1. Everyday Super Segment ($25 to >$100)
2. Premium Super Segment ($7 to $25)
3. Luxury Super Segment (<$3 to $7)

Given the price point and popularity, and "assuming" these distinctions
transcend to the buying of wine racks, it looks like I would need to
consider aiming at the Ultra Premium and Luxury market, as they have
the price point and numerical density that I need.