Posted to alt.food.wine

Default High end Christmas tasting. Arroyo Vino wines Santa Fe

On 12/20/2012 06:22 PM, Bi!! wrote:
> Cordellian Bages is always a good value wine in my cellar. I've
> stayed there a few times....good chef and convienent to Lynch Bages
> and The Baron and Comtess.

Hi Bill,

In the early 90s Adele and I stayed there for a few days with close
friends Lloyd and Allison while exploring the Medoc. (Lloyd and I are
old wine buddies, we used to picnic every month or so with whatever
great bottle we could find; I remember a way too young '82 Margaux one
spring day for around the price of the C-B today!)

The wine highlight of the trip was a very deep vertical at Haut Bailly.

There was a mishap at the restaurant which we still talk about
sometimes, we had all order the "pigeon in 3 ways", something happened
in the kitchen and there was about a 45 minute pause between each pigeon
course. The restaurant was pretty appalled when they realized what was
happening, and we were all in good humor (and no hurry) so no harm was
done. I also have a fond recollection of the food in spite of the
screwup...

-E