Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Have you planned a Christmas meal?

"RodS" > wrote in message ...
> On 19/12/2012 8:40 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Colt T" > wrote in message
>>> Mac and cheese and canned pumpkin. Pumpkin may have twice as much alpha
>>> carotene as carrots and carrots have super much more than whatever 3rd
>>> place is. Yam type sweet potatoes may have a good bit tho.

>> That's a lot of carbs!
>>

> Now lets see roast chicken, roast pork, ham, baked vegies (Sweet potato,
> potato, pumpkin, carrots), peas, gravy small serve plum pudding and
> custard. Traditional dinner for me, sensible portions size but no testing
> :-)

That's a lot of meat! I found out when we are doing our family celebration.
We're going to a restaurant and anyone who wants dessert can get it there.
No dessert at my parent's house. Yay! I have found that most of the time
when we do it this way, nobody gets dessert.