Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT - Another tiny cat

On 12/7/2012 3:30 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 05:45:51 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>>

>>> Inject... WRONG... a great way for the liquid to go down into the
>>> bronchials and give the poor thing pneumonia. I've bottle fed four of
>>> the cats I have now, two from three days old, two from three hours
>>> old, and I've bettle fed several kittens and puppies previously. A
>>> healthy kitten will nurse from a bottle almost immedietely if not
>>> sooner... there are ways to urge them to nurse (the same way the
>>> mother cat does) but it's much easier for someone to demonstrate than
>>> to explain. If the kitten is not healthy then bring it to a Vet. If
>>> you don't know how to nurse a kitten with a bottle ask a Vet, or Vet
>>> Asst... most anyone with any authority at a legitimate animal shelter
>>> certainly would have demonstrated before releasing a kitten that needs
>>> to be nursed, and have the person actually bottle feed the kitten in
>>> their presence to be sure they are successful, in fact they would have
>>> given the person a couple of bottles with nipples (and shown the
>>> proper hole size) and a can of kitten formula as a starter kit, and no
>>> way would they ever mention eye droppers and definitely not
>>> syringes... this entire story reeks of BS.

>> You can't always be 100% correct, Sheldon.
>> http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_p...-one?hp_id=491

> That's about a sick cat (not a nursing kitten), and I clearly
> indicated to contact a Vet for a sick animal... one day you may learn
> how to read for comprehension rather than to satisfy your snotty ego

The kitten was abandoned. Sometimes they loose the ability to suckle.
I'm working with her with the kitten bottle and have found a nipple and
the right cut in it that she will use, but she fights with me. She can't
find the right spot for the nipple on her own and fights like a hell
cat. It is a challenge to get her to nurse but she has gained over a n
ounce since Tuesday afternoon when we got her.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas