Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default OT - Another tiny cat

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 10:14:14 -0600, "MaryL"
> wrote:

>"Gary" wrote in message ...
>
>Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>> She has started taking formula from a medicine dropper. I have to put it
>> in the side of her mouth and then she will slurp and swallow.

>A plastic syringe is great for hand feeding small animals. It holds more
>food than a medicine dropper and is also easy to control the flow. Just a
>thought for you. I've used them for hand feeding ferrets when they are sick
>and won't eat on their own.
>
>Gary
>
>~~~~~~~~
>Good suggestion! My vet gave me several syringes (no needles) so I could
>follow a pill with some water when my cat needed to be medicated.
>
>MaryL

Any pet shop sells tiny nursing bottles with nipples for feeding baby
kittens and puppies... I have several, they work very well, never had
a kitten that wouldn't nurse from a bottle... a medicine dropper or a
syringe is just not normal and the animal knows the difference.