Posted to rec.food.cooking
MaryL[_2_] MaryL[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Another tiny cat

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...

We got a call from the Humane Society today. They had another tiny cat
needing fostering.

This one is a little girl. We named her Arba, which is the number 4 in
Hebrew since she's our fourth fosterling.

This little one weighs in at 8.7 oz. and will not nurse. I have fed her
with a dropper to get some nourishment into her. She is a challenge.
Hates being held only wants to be left alone. I have put her paw into
kitten milk, made her some of my famous Mamma Janet's kitten swill, wet
her nose, etc. I can't think of any other way to interest her in
feeding. I hate using the dropper.

She's sleeping now, but it's two hours since I fed her so I'm going to
have to wake her.

Anyone with any advice on uncooperative tiny kittens? Would appreciate it.

Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Try twisting a clean cloth into a tiny peak, dip that into some kitten
replacement milk or your "kitten swill," and then gently touch that to the
kitten's mouth. That might encourage her to drink. Be sure the milk is
warm (but not hot).

MaryL