Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.crafts.winemaking
jim west jim west is offline

Default What fruits are best to ferment

Posted this in rec.crafts.winemaking, but have just discovered the
rec.crafts.brewing group which I guess is probably more appropriate, since
it's not about wine.

"Complete novice has started fermenting orange juice and a mixture of orange
juice and sliced apple. Are these good fruits to go for or would I get
better results from other fruits?

Also I would be grateful to know very roughly how much sugar to how much
liquid produces what percentage of alcohol? Thanks."

The sugar to alcohol question was kindly well dealt with, but i'm still with
the question on what fruits would give a good taste and give *easy* results.
Many thanks.