Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Aincha got nothin' better to do?

Sitting, eating by myself, with nothing much to do, it occurred to me to
read the labels of the Trader Joe's preserves in front of me. All the
jars contained a weight of 17.5 oz or 496 g. This seems to be normal at
Trader Joe's for all their preserves, which are made in Canada. This
includes their excellent Seville Orange marmalade. I wonder why they
settled on this weight that is just short of 500 g? The fact that Canada
uses the metric system does not seem any explanation.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.