Posted to rec.food.cooking
I'm back[_2_] I'm back[_2_] is offline

Default whipped cream - how much sugar per cup of heavy cream?

Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote in
:

> On Sat, 24 Nov 2012 21:11:23 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>>zxcvbob wrote:

>>> I frosted a cake once with whipped cream. I used a pint of heavy
>>> cream and a cup of powdered sugar. (it was a big cake) Whip the
>>> cream first, then add the sugar. When I added the sugar the whipped
>>> cream got stiff, and it didn't weep like normal whipped cream, and
>>> the cake lasted for several days so it had plenty of time for the
>>> frosting to fall apart. HTH.
>>>
>>> Bob

>>For my pie, I always use 1 cup of cream and one big spoon of
>>powdered sugar. But I am looking for a very faint sweetness to
>>contrast with the pie, plus some stability. Frosting would be a
>>whole 'nother matter as far as level of sweetness goes.

> I rarely bother with whipped cream... for pie and cake I much prefer
> vanilla ice cream.

You're powdered sugar = our icing sugar...........

whenever I'm whipping/whisking up some cream for cakes, pikelets.
scones... whatever.... if I want to make it sweet, I just put a thin
layer of icing sugar over the cream before I whisk it. Taste it half way
through, and if not enough, add more.

--
Peter
Brisbane

To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one.
It is rather and endless struggle
that will go on to the very last moment of our lives.
Nobody is born a warrior,in exactly the same way that
nobody is born an average man.
We have to make ourselves into one or the other.
A warrior must only take care that his spirit is not broken.