Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Black Friday breakfast

On Nov 23, 9:16*am, "I'm back" > wrote:
> Bryan > wrote in news:908c37af-2d8c-42bd-9400-
> :
>
> > Turkey, corn, carrots, stuffing, mashed potatoes, with butter and S&P.

> > --Bryan

> Why is it Black Friday?

The day after American Thanksgiving Day is the first day of the
holiday shopping season, and retailers have good sales, and bring in a
lot of business. It was said that it was the day that retailers were
finally "in the Black" for the first time of the years--sales
exceeding expenses.

I was good today. I didn't leave the house until after 8:30, went to
one store where I shop regularly anyway, bought three items that I
went there to buy, and nothing else, and used a gift card that I had
gotten at a premium two days before.

> --
> Peter
> Brisbane