Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.music.makers.songwriting
Gary Gary is offline

Default Alice's Restaurant

Gill Smith wrote:

> Arlo Guthrie's claim to 'greatness'......
>
> hadn't heard this feeble 'tune' it in years
>
> couldn't tolerate it for any longer than it took to switch it off

LOL! I never cared for that song either but he did some great ones.
He did a concert at my college in 1971 and it was a very good one.
Funny how that song got "radio popular" when he did so many other good ones.
I've got an old cassette tape album of his (from that time period) somewhere
in a closet and so many of the songs were top notch!

G.