Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default brussel sprouts

Jean B. wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> For that reason, while I don't understand why people despise brussels
>> sprouts, I figure there's more to it.

> There must be. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes
> to me. Unfortunately, a lot of LC substitutes for starches
> include things like turnips. Ugh.

If you do the arithmatic the substitute for the calories in concentrated
starch foods comes from the extra fat. But that's a technicality.

Depending on your carb quota your carb sources can range from the
rounded-down half gram in a cup of coffee through oatmeal and rutabagas.
Check out jicama and all of the other root veggies. Plus for bulk have
more raw low carb veggies on the pre-meal salad.