Posted to alt.food.asian
FG[_3_] FG[_3_] is offline

Default China gastro tour with Dunlop

sounds delicious but wow, for the price i'd rather not eat Chinese food
for a year and go to Antarctica instead (and i did!). i made my first
ever trip to China shortly after reading her 'Sichuan Cookery'book
(march 2006). 5 weeks long, half the price of the 'food tour', 2 of us
who didn't speak a word of Chinese. we made 3 consecutive trips and
still haven't even scratched the surface of this massive land.

read about it on her site he
http://www.fuchsiadunlop.com/gastron...%81/#more-2204

and about the gastro tour:
http://www.wildchina.com//china-imme...fuchsia-dunlop

modern China is easy for independent travellers. but you might come home
in a box.... i survived endless harrowing death-trap bus rides in rural
China.