Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.agnosticism,alt.atheism,sci.skeptic
Bob Casanova Bob Casanova is offline

Default Dietary ethics

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:52:06 -0700, the following appeared
in sci.skeptic, posted by George Plimpton >:

>On 10/31/2012 2:49 PM, Bob Casanova wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:59:53 -0400, the following appeared
>> in sci.skeptic, posted by dh@.:

>> <snip>

>>> Try presenting an example if you think you're aware of one.

>> No examples exist of "benefitting solely from life", which
>> is the point. Try to keep up, even if you are an idiot.

>We have shown beyond dispute that one *cannot* benefit simply from
>coming into existence. It is based on the definition of benefit. A
>benefit is something that improves the welfare of an experiential
>entity, but coming into existence does not do that - it *establishes*
>the welfare - and therefore, coming into existence is not a benefit.

Prediction: The logic will again be ignored or denied, and
dh will continue to exhibit a complete lack of anything even
faintly resembling an ability to think while demanding
examples of what doesn't exist.

(My spellcheck is smarter than dh; it wanted to change "dh"
to "duh".)
--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is